The Anglican Fellowship of the Delaware Valley is comprised of parishes and missions in the greater Delaware Valley (Philadelphia metropolitan area) that subscribe to the Affirmation of St. Louis or are associated with Forward in Faith.
Our goal is a serious commitment to one another as parishes in a coordinated mission of growing together in Christ and proclaiming the Gospel in our region. The basis of our fellowship and ecumenical conversations is the consensus of the undivided Church of the first millennium.
What we do together...
THE PRECEPTS OF THE CHURCH
by Bishop John Cosin, Caroline Divine, 1627
1. To observe the Festivals and Holy Days appointed.
2. To keep the Fasting Days with devotion and abstinence.
3. To observe the ecclesiastical customs and ceremonies established, and that without frowardness or contradiction.
4. To repair unto the public service of the church for Matins and Evensong, with other holy offices at times appointed, unless there be a just and unfeigned cause to the contrary.
5. To receive the Blessed Sacrament of the Body and Blood of Christ with frequent devotion, and three times a year at least, of which Easter to be always one. And for better preparation thereunto, as occasion is, to disburthan [unburden] and quit your consciousness of those things that may grieve us, or scruples that may trouble us, to a learned and discreet priest, and from him to receive advice, and the benefit of Absolution.
(A Collection of Private Devotions, 1627)